April 3rd, 2022
- We have partnered with a shipper. Our first large shipment of backpacks from Louisville KY, will fly to Cologne via the FedEx Corporation. Working with the FedEx pilots and family members in Germany on this project certainly helped us secure this partnership. Details will follow shortly on when and where to drop off bags in SDF for shipment.
- We cannot thank Dave S. enough for allowing us to use his hanger for bag storage. His generosity has been amazing.
- Cassandra Z. will be traveling to Cologne and will assume the lead contact position next week. Working with the FedEx families and our own pilots on layover, she will run the day to day operation for 12 days.
- Five Trustees have been named and are now guiding the project. William Vaughan continues to serve as the Director of Operations.
- 100 backpacks were delivered to the nonprofit group Ukraine Friends Germany. We worked hand in hand with this group in Poland a few weeks ago, and they will take our backpacks to Poland this weekend and distribute them to refugee children.
- Another 30 backpacks were loaded this afternoon into a German Technics Humanitarian Help Conex shipping container leaving tonight for Lviv, Ukraine. Because we are visible, and our professional reputation is growing, we were able to ‘hitch-a-ride’ for free.
Our bags being loaded into the Conex trailer…
Monica experiences the operation first hand.
More happy mothers and children with backpacks from America!!! The smiles on their faces when they dig into their very own backpack is priceless. Without you, there would be no BackPack4Kids. Thank you again to everyone who has helped make this a reality.
Another proud IPA pilot making a difference on his layover. While it may not seem like much to us, when the refugees find out we are Americans, they are stunned and excited to meet an American.